Membrane Bioreactor (MBR)
USAGE AREAS :
Membrane bioreactor type (MBR) wastewater treatment plants use a new wastewater treatment technology consisting of a combination of a membrane ultrafilter and an aerobic biological treatment reactor.
WORKING PRENSIBLES AND TECHNICAL SPESIFICATIONS:
In this technique, which can be applied as immersion type membrane filter which works at negative pressure by submerged in the biological reactor or positive pressure filters installed outside the biological treatment body, the wastewater in biological treatment is passed through the filter tissue with 0.2 micron pores.
All solids above this size are retained in the wastewater, while wastewater containing almost no solids and microorganisms is recovered. Thanks to the continuous flow on the filter surface, the filtered solids are prevented from clinging to the filter.
However, wastes accumulated on the membrane filter tissue are physically and chemically removed from the filter by periodic backwashing and chemical cleaning with treated wastewater. These wastes are taken into the biological treatment process again.
Especially in cases where MBR technique is used, besides the high treatment efficiency, there is no need for a sedimentation tank in biological treatment, and the ventilation tank can be designed as one third of what should be in the conventional method, thus saving over 70% in total residential and construction area.
* Advanced treatment of domestic and industrial wastewater
* Especially in case of discharge limits to water basins
* Treatment of water containing high pollution
* Irrigation water from wastewater and recovery projects
* Projects where residential area is insufficient for conventional methods
* Projects where wastewater treatment plant is insufficient in capacity increases
* Wastewater recovery in processes with high water consumption
Low space requirement,
Low amount of sludge formed at intermittent periods,
Higher levels of nitrogen removal.